Health & Safety
At Essentra, we believe that nobody involved with our operations should suffer injury or harm and that careful stewardship of the environment is a duty we owe to our neighbours and to future generations. We are committed to achieving and maintaining the highest standards of occupational health and safety and environmental protection. This commitment extends to our employees, temporary workers, contractors, customers, suppliers, visitors and members of the public. It also extends to our supply chain and to organisations working on our behalf, and we actively encourage our suppliers to operate in a similarly responsible manner.
In order to deliver on this commitment, Essentra will:-
- Make Health and Safety our highest value at all management meetings.
- Strive for continuous improvement of occupational health and safety in the workplace. No person shall be compelled to work in unhealthy or unsafe conditions.
- Ensure that all operations, as a minimum, abide by national and local laws. However, where compliance alone falls short of the standards demanded by the Group Management Committee, we will undertake to work towards achieving and maintaining higher standards across our operations.
- Encourage and facilitate employee participation in the management of Health and Safety. We welcome the opportunities presented by Employee Forums to contribute to the high standards we have set ourselves.
- Take STEPS to reduce the number of incidents and accidents, with the goal of achieving zero accidents. Safety investigations will be shared throughout the organisation for the implementation of STEPS across all sites to prevent recurrence.
- Continuously improve our environmental performance. This includes preventing pollution and minimising emissions, discharges and disposals, reducing waste, specific energy consumption and where possible, conserving and recycling resources such as water, particularly in areas of scarcity.
The Chief Executive, supported by the Group Management Committee and the Global Safety Team, are responsible for this policy. Divisional Managing Directors are responsible for the Divisional programmes to fulfil the requirements of this policy. Additionally, Essentra expects its employees to participate fully in delivering on the objectives of this policy.
- all employees are expected to co-operate and actively participate in the improvement of health, safety and environmental standards.
- Essentra aims to provide a safe working environment for all its employees and to ensure the safety of others involved in our operations. It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure that any colleagues, contractors and visitors abide by the relevant local policies intended to foster improved Health and Safety.
- All Essentra managers and supervisors shall strive to ensure health and safe working conditions within their sphere of influence.
This policy was approved by the Board on 15 December 2017, and remains valid throughout 2018. It will be published on the company website, and copies may be displayed at any Essentra locations and made freely available to all stakeholders. It will be reviewed annually.
15 December 2017